Crystal Cruises’ History
Crystal Cruises was created in 1988 and currently operates two luxury ships:
- Crystal Symphony (launched 1995)
- Crystal Serenity (launched 2003)
Crystal is wholly owned by Nippon Yusen Kaisha (NYK), the largest shipping company in the world.
Headquartered in Tokyo, the firm operates over 800 ships, has offices around the globe and is renowned for its fast, reliable and economical service to people around the world.
Crystal Cruises operates two luxury cruise ships targeting passengers who tend to be more mature in demographics. The ships were created for guests who want everything first class and attention is paid to every detail.
The Crystal Cruises difference:
Luxury, as they say, is in the details. It is so often the little details that make all the difference. And on a Crystal cruise, the differences are many. Here are some of the things that set them apart and have resulted in Crystal Cruises receiving “World’s Best Large-Ship Cruise Line” honors year after year.
Exclusive to the Crystal Experience
- Full 360° open air teak Promenade Deck with exclusive WOW® – “Walk on Water” – fitness program
- The Bistro, Crystal Cruises popular European-style coffee and wine bar, which offers complimentary specialty coffee and tea drinks, along with light snacks served throughout the day
- Up to seven evening dining options including a choice of classic main or late seating in their Crystal Dining Room, or open seating in the specialty restaurants. This allows guests to always choose where, when and with whom they would like to dine.
- European-trained wait staff in the Crystal Dining Room and in the specialty restaurants featuring the cuisine of Nobu Matsuhisa, Wolfgang Puck and Piero Selvaggio.
- Wine cellar with more than 200 vintages including Crystal’s exclusive “C” label
- Caesars Palace at Sea® casino: an exclusive Crystal Cruises’ partnership with the famed Las Vegas gaming operation, offering mini-Baccarat, dice tables, roulette, blackjack and over 100 slot machines, all governed by the State of Nevada Gaming Regulations
- Cruises innovative Creative Learning Institute®, offering complimentary Yamaha piano lessons and Berlitz language classes on every cruise.
- On select sailings, special certification enrichment with Cleveland Clinic Wellness Seminars, Pepperdine University Business Seminars, the Smithsonian Associates, Society of Wine Educators and Sotheby’s Computer University@Sea® facility with 24-hour e-mail and Internet access plus instruction in the latest software
- The only Feng Shui-inspired spa at sea featuring exotic massages, facial therapies and energy boosting treatments
- One of the highest space per guest ratios at sea, offering Crystal Cruises’ unparalleled service in luxurious comfortable surroundings
- Pre-reservations available for all optional Crystal Adventures shore excursions
- Crystal Society Rewards and Recognition Program for returning guests
Always included in the Crystal Experience:
- Frette bathrobes and Aveda bath products in every stateroom
- Egyptian cotton linens and menu of pillow options for every bed
- All meals served on elegant Villeroy & Boch china and all wine served in fine Riedel crystal in the Crystal Dining Room
- Most staterooms feature spacious private verandahs with table and chairs for casual dining or relaxing
- Stateroom Internet access, television and DVD player to keep in touch with the world if you so choose
- Penthouse butler service with personal bar
- Complimentary bottled water, soft drinks and specialty coffee drinks throughout the ship
- Abundant space, exceptional quality, numerous choices and award-winning service