Cruise Vacations - where fantasy and reality trade places...
Cruise Vacations can be a terrific, fun and memorable adventure if you are aware of certain things and know how to get the most out of the experience.
If you are a about to embark on your first at sea adventure, you are in for a treat!
If you have cruised before; you are likely among the 90% of past passengers who continue to take a cruise as their first choice for their well needed get-away.
And if you have not yet enjoyed a ship based holiday before, you have come to the right place! Cruise vacations are all about choices - your choices. We have cruises to compliment everyone from budget friendly cruises to luxury cruise tours. If you want to dress for meals and eat in the formal dining room, you can. Or, you can dress down and eat in the informal cafe that most cruise ships have.
In the evening, a choice of activities awaits you - a show, some gambling, or karaoke in the lounge.
When the ship arrives at different ports you can get off and explore or stay on the ship and lounge by the pool. If you are traveling in a group, there's something for everyone.
A cruise vacation is the best value in the world today. Cruise fares have essentially stayed the same over the last 15 years. Newer and more efficient ships have allowed the cruise industry to pass along great cruise deals along with greater value to their guests.
Seabourn Quest - Caviar in the Surf
Have you heard the "myths" of Cruise Vacations?
Since the start of modern cruising in the 1960s there have been several myths concerning taking a cruise vacation. At one time some of these myths did have some basis in fact. But like modern automobiles , cruising today is nothing like the days of big fins and "your father's Oldsmobile."
Here are some of those myths and we hope that this website will demystify cruising for new comers and convince you that a cruise is the best vacation value on the planet.
- Cruising is too expensive!
- I'll be bored - there is nothing to do!
- Cruising is too regimented - I want my freedom!
- I'll get seasick!
- Cruising is only for old people
- All you do is eat - I'll gain 10 pounds!
- I can't afford a cruise!
Welcome to our website! We are here to share with you that the myths about cruise vacations are simply not true!!
My lovely wife and I have been in the Cruise Industry for over 30 years. Along the way we’ve collected lots of tips, ideas, and information we think will help you have a memorable cruise vacation.
Our experience comes from working for and with major cruise lines, travel agencies and in retail vacation travel! We hope you will use our site often when seeking answers to your cruise questions:
- What's included in my cruise fare?
- Do I have to pay tips and gratuities?
- Why you should make sure to get cruise insurance!
- What is a "cabin" and what difference does the category mean?
- How can I be sure I am getting the best price?
- Is there anything for my kid's to do?
- How do I do a wedding on a cruise vacation?
- What documents do I need for my cruise?
- How do I choose a cruise vacation?
- The importance of purchasing cruise insurance.
Or maybe you want to know what the difference is between a "beer and pretzel cruise" and a "champagne and caviar cruise" and how do I know what I am buying?
We know we can provide you with the answers - whether you are looking for GREAT destination ideas, a family reunion cruise, a romantic honeymoon, an exotic adventure cruise, a stunning Alaska cruise or just "what is there to eat on board" and where can I get the best pricing on cruises!
We have personally cruised with:
- Carnival Cruise Lines
- Royal Caribbean
- Norwegian Cruise Lines
- Celebrity Cruises
- Seabourn Cruise Line
- Cunard Line (including Queen Mary 2)
- Princess Cruises
- Windstar Cruises
- Costa Cruise Line
- Holland America
- Regent Seven Seas Cruises and more!
We've been to the destinations! We have countless personal stories and those from other "cruisers" around the world.
Our motivation to write this
guide comes from the absolute passion we have for the cruise product itself and from our desire to help as many people as possible enjoy this wonderful vacation opportunity!
Our intention is to define the jargon used
in the travel industry so you understand what travel
agents and/or Internet agents are saying to you. We
provide you with a solid understanding about:
- stateroom categories
- factors affecting the
price you pay
- what to pack
- ship dining choices
- family cruising and kids programs
- ship reviews
- best seasons to travel
- where to cruise
- shore excursions
- documentation and passports
- travel security
Fantastic activities on board!
If you are worried that you will be bored and left with nothing to do, you could not be more mistaken! During the day most ships will offer a wide range of activities, covering an array of interests, especially on sea days. If you want physical activity, you can take part in pool games, play some basketball, volleyball, improve your golf swing, or take dance classes.
Indoors, you might prefer taking computer lessons,photography classes, enjoying shore talks and enrichment lectures, playing bridge or bingo, learning a new hobby, taking part in an art auction, watching a cooking demonstration or sipping wine at a wine-tasting. Daytime entertainment can vary from musical performances by the pool to afternoon shows (such as comedy improv on Norwegian Cruise Line, small acts in Princess' Piazza or an ice skating show on Royal Caribbean) and movies (in an indoor cinema or poolside). And of course on sea days, the casino will be open for deposits!
Most cruise ships have well equipped gyms and spas on board with personal trainers available to help guide you. Everything from Yoga classes to Zumba can be found on board. And all ships have access to internet should you feel the need to surf. Of course, you are free skip all the activities and just lounge by the pool or catch up with your reading while relaxing on your balcony. After all this is your vacation and we hope the information on our site will help you enjoy your cruise even more!
In short - you will have everything you need to have a no surprises, hassle free, memorable cruise vacation!
We give you all the
essential information you need to find the right cruise for you
AND negotiate the best cruise deals for your
personal cruise vacation.
We will be
offering you a myriad of information sources and a
regular free news blog chock full of cruise news,
ship descriptions, pricing and buying secrets,
Industry insights and tips and tricks designed to
help YOU have the "perfect" vacation. If
you want to contact me with
questions or suggestions, or share a cruise story
with others, use our convenient
Contact Us Form.
You can also keep in touch with us through our free Cruise Blog (no email address required).
And if you have cruised before and want to share your cruise stories and/or photos we would be delighted to have them on our site for all to read!
If you've never cruised before - go ahead, give it a try! You'll be glad you did!
Copyright © 2004-2014 cruisevacationsguide.com All Rights Reserved.
Use of this site is governed by our
Privacy and Legal Policy
- Cruise Vacations Guide Blog
- Cruise Vacations Guide Blog - What's new on our site, and the latest cruise ship information and hot deals for adventures, honeymoons and romantic getaways at sea.
- Live Cruise Ship Web Cameras
- Live pictures from cruise ship web cameras and live web cams from land
- Cruises? Why take them?
- Cruises - the best vacation on the planet!
- Cruise planning... how to ensure a dream cruise vacation
- Prior cruise planning ensures your cruise vacation will be a dream vacation!
- Picking a Cruise Cabin
- How to pick a cruise cabin or cruise stateroom!
- Finding Cruise Discounts
- A complete guide to obtaining the best cruise discounts.
- How To Cruise For Free On Major Cruise Lines
- Tips on how to cruise for free on major cruise lines.
- Family Cruise
- Information for a family cruise or family vacation and programs for children of all ages.
- Caribbean Cruises
- A complete guide to Caribbean Cruises
- Romance of Mediterranean Cruises
- A guide to Mediterranean Cruises including port descriptions and points of interest for Mediterranean Cruises.
- Hawaii Cruises
- A complete guide to Hawaii cruises and cruising the Hawaiian Islands
- Alaska Cruises - A Guide to Cruises In Alaska
- Your complete guide to stunning Alaska Cruises, how, when and where!
- The Mexican Riviera Is A Traveler's Paradise
- Guide to cruising the beautiful Mexican Riviera
- Perfect River Cruises - Tip Toe Through The Tulips
- River cruises are becoming increasing popular.
- Cruise Shore Excursions
- Take advantage of shore excursions to really explore your ship's ports of call.
- Passport, travel documents, travel security, visas
- Passport , travel documentation visas, travel security, required before you cruise
- Packing Tips For Cruises
- Packing suggestions and packing tips for cruise vacations.
- FAQ - Cruise Vacations Frequently Asked Question
- FAQ - Get your answers to the most frequently asked questions about cruise vacations
- Cruise Vacations Guide Contact Submission
- Cruise Vacations Guide Contact Submission Form allows you to offer your suggestions and questions and request more information about Cruise Vacations
- Disney Family Cruise and Family Vacation
- A guide to a Disney family cruise and on board Disney kid's programs.
- Resources for Cruise Vacation Planning
- A selection of cruise vacation planning and travel resources to assist you in planning your cruise vacation!
- Kids Programs on a Royal Caribbean family cruise.
- Describes kids programs available on Royal Caribbean family cruises.
- How to build a website using Site Build It and Sitesell products
- How to build a website and our story of turning our passion into an internet business without technical know how!
- Enhance your vacation adventures with trips, city tours, attractions
- Find and book (on-line) the most popular sights, tours ,activities and attractions for your vacation adventures.
- Alaska Cruise Article
- Article describing the majesty of an Alaska Cruise
- Why You Need Travel Insurance
- Why buy Travel Insurance? You never know what might put your vacation investment at risk! Compare travel insurance offerings.
- Luxury Cruise and luxury cruise ships
- Luxury cruises on luxury cruise lines such as Seabourn, Windstar, Radisson, SeaDream, Silversea
- San Juan Puerto Rico (and Old San Juan)
- Description of a stay in Old San Juan Puerto Rico
- 33 Travel Safety Tips
- 33 Travel Safety Tips to help you travel safely!
- Cruise Safety and Security
- Cruise safety and security for passengers and crew is described.
- Cruise Vacation Stories from Around the World
- Great Cruise vacation stories, contributed by cruisers from around the world
- Cruise Articles, Cruise Tips and Travel Advice
- Cruise articles, tips and travel advice on many aspects of cruising